Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rub a little Solstice on it...

So I have written this post a total of three times in the past two days. For whatever reason the computer Gods are frowning on me - not allowing me to publish the finished post. 
This was going to be a post about Solstice, and all the peace and love and sunshine that goes with it. 
That was then. I ain't gonna lie people - if I am not allowed to publish this - the fourth, (and final) time, all the good karmic energy I have collected over the past week will evaporate. Leaving me no choice but to high kick this computer down the back ravine, perhaps setting it on fire first...you know, for good measure and to teach it a lesson.


Deeeeeeeeeeepbreathslookingformyhappyplacewhereisitwhereisit? - here goes...


Frustration aside Solstice was lovely. We spent it with the Get Bent Records family and their friends at the Bent Family Summer Solstice Celebration. An annual event held at the "R Farm". A local farm with acres of fields, ponds, and wooded areas (that they are lovely enough to share). It was a day filled with music and art and all over good vibes. From noon until midnight an impressive roster of bands played. A large open field made the perfect setting to throw down a blanket and take in the day. A creek wound itself around the back of the stage, providing shade and much needed cooling off throughout the day. Old and young, kids and dogs, all hung out together enjoying each others company and the music. 


I was fortunate enough to be asked to help decorate the venue, and I always jump at the chance to lipstick and rouge...even in the wild.


Here are some shots of the days leading up to the event, and the event itself.


The stage before...


The inspiration...



The process...









Then it started to get a bit Hippy Blair Witch Project...





The usual sidekicks...




The day of...time to enjoy...












This truly was the most enjoyable outdoor festival I have ever been to. The perfect way to kick off the summer season. Check out the Get Bent Records website for a complete list of who played and perhaps find yourself a new favourite band (that Cry Wolf song is on heavy rotation here at the house). Bradleyboy has a new cd out which you should definitely give a listen too. And check out my husband Paul's blog post about the day...Georgia shaking it with Meghan from The Stone Sparrows to Bradleyboy playing live...Solstice personified.


Hopefully see you next year...peace and love xo

1 comment:

  1. Lovely festival! what a wonderful way to spend the solstice. I loved the decoration, the painted sticks with those vibrant colours and the wooden birds.
    Theres so much I wanna say but my english is no very good.
    I just love your blog and the peace in it.

    kisses from my winter vegetable garden.

    Carola

    ReplyDelete