Sunday, December 11, 2011

Birthday Wishes Pt. Deux...

Four years ago, around this time I was very, very pregnant. And as a result (well of that and a lot of danish scarfing), I was very very round. So round in fact that on December 8 2007 my husband and I had a full on domestic (sans slapping) right outside of Terroni (lovely Italian restaurant in the heart of Queen West). 
I wanted lunch, I was hungry, I was always hungry...but Terroni was packed, and the tables are close together, and there were three of me stuffed into one sumo suit. I was right fighting for Hero Burger...much more room, less of a scene. Paul won and I begrudgingly wedged us into a too small seat. We did have a gorgeous lunch of wild mushroom soup and a gorgonzola pizza with shaved prosciutto topping it off. Everything was going brilliantly in fact, till I waddled to the bathroom and (of course) my water broke. 
Sigh.
I sat in denial for about 15 min...perhaps I was just having a really loooooooooooooonnnng pee. 
Nope.
Long to short, I champed up, wrapped my coat around my waist and marched out to a full house and an alarmed looking Paul. Five hours later I was a proud Mama. It makes for a great story, and we take the kids back every year and tell it to them over a delicious meal. 
(So glad I am not celebrating every year in Hero Burger).





You guys have your daddy's taste buds, and my ridiculous sense of timing. 
(Good luck with that).
Happy Birthday my loves xo.



2 comments:

  1. Genius. My water broke (also pregnant with twins) in a public establishment as well. The scene of the crime, however- The Home Depot. I like your choice much better! Nice little tradition you've made for yourselves. Congrats on the 4 years. Your twins are completely adorable.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete