Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Ghost of Holiday Just Past...

This Holiday post went the way of this years Holiday cards, a pile of good intentions, but ultimately shoved aside, pushed to the bottom of a never ending list and/or forgotten.  
I have never been all that good at figuring out a proper things to do vs. time ratio. More is more, lets do it all.  Homemade Christmas crackers - yes! Individual gift tags made out of vintage wrapping paper - sign me up!  Fast forward to midnight Christmas eve and undoubtably I will be surrounded by half wrapped presents, tags, glue, sparkles, a stiff drink, a few of my own tears and a large pile of unwritten Christmas cards. This year was no exception, magnified actually, as I was trying to pull it off while still putting the house into some sort of presentable order.  
Next year (yes I am laying down the laws with myself come Jan. 1) this madness will be done by December. Any brilliant crafty ideas I have for next season will be cut and pasted and sparkled in July, pinky swear. Less tears, more rummy eggnog and relaxing is the new law round these here parts. 
So folks, here is a Holiday mash-up of what went down at our place over the last few weeks - cheers!




Homemade wreath...

 Homemade Christmas crackers...

Girls day out in the city to see The Nutcracker...

"All done Mama I want my Sheppie"...

Oh well, at least we got to see the first half, maybe next year...
My first ever Christmas eve tourtiere, 10lbs of deliciousness...






And to all a good night...all the best in 2011 xo

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful wreath! Ah, so the cards weren't written...all the other items were beautiful. BTW...Georgia is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete