Friday, December 3, 2010

Roc Out...

Just a quickie folks...I could not go away for the weekend without posting these pics.  
A few weeks ago I said to Brad and Dawson of Backshed Design - "you know, I would really really love a Moroccan couch", and blamo in they walk today with this beauty.  
It really is my favourite thing about these guys. I can say the most random or ordinary (ie. "we need a bathroom door") statement, and they just run with it.  Throw in some problem solving by Miss Jude and we now have a Moroccan couch that flips open into a Queen sized bed. Our ordinary bathroom door is now a swinging stunner made of the same wood as our kitchen counters.  The hardware is repurposed from an old barn, dated 1885. 
Beautiful and practical...Woohoo!







7 comments:

  1. Stunning! Love the door and the sofa/bed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that we just wandered out to the trash section of that store and found those old gate door type things under the overgrown weeds and now it's furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to visit you and see the whole house.
    Mahshad

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm jealous of your barn door hardware...you bastard, i covet that hardware and it will be mine ...my intention is to pilfer the items on a visit to your house and transport them in my luggage...i'll just lean the remnants against the wall and before you can say shazzam i'll tell you the clang of iron is in fact my heavy duty new benoit balls i packed to practice up on some kegels to strengthen my pelvic wall....i'll then bludgeon you with the top railing (wont fit into my bag)and make a hasty exit to my car for the get-away to safe location (aka my house in kingston)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how quickly the place is coming together. Honestly, it takes some people years - YEARS - to get this much done. I guess it helps that you have some fairy godmother - type contractors. (BTW - I bought you some soap today for your new bathroom so don't buy any!)

    ReplyDelete