Monday, December 13, 2010

A Room With A View...

I have always been a sucker for an attic bedroom. The sloped ceilings, great view and huge amount of space seem like an ideal room for kids. The potential for just such a room, for Shep and Georgia, was one of the biggest selling points when considering a move outside of the city. I fell in love with this space right away. In my head, after the first viewing, I had already painted it and placed all their toys, quilts and books. I could see them playing together happily surrounded by light and all the things they love. 
The reality has a lot more yelling, crying and hair pulling but the space itself looks just as I pictured it would.


Before...
And now...


One day I am sure they will beg to be separated, but for now they are quite content to share this bright and happy place.

5 comments: