Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Not Divorced Yet...

I posted a photograph of an 8ft pink velvet couch a few weeks ago. A pink velvet couch that I bought on the sly. Not lying to anyone exactly, I just didn't call Paul and ask if he thought it was a good idea. I have been married long enough to know the answer to that would have been a loud "Hells-to-the-No"! 
Who needs that kind of dream crushing action? Not this girl.
So, I bought it and arranged to have it delivered mid-week (on a day I knew he would be home late). This gave me a small window of time in which to find a home for this beauty. A home that was not forced, it had to look like it had been here forever or I would not hear the end of it. 
After about an hour of deliberating I just bit the bullet, disassembled the Halloween side board I had decorated the day before, and set about moving three couches and the heaviest Moroccan daybed in existence. I am at my very strongest when I am determined to be right. 
I had posted a picture of the couch online (knowing full well that Paul would eventually see it) and waited. And waited...
He didn't call all day. Now I was fully aware that a divorce was most likely not going to happen. It did however occur to me that I may have set myself up for a lengthy discussion about my compulsive need to change things and my spur of the moment spending habits. Truth be told somedays I would almost take the divorce over that particular interaction. Happily none of that happened. He was just messing with me.
He loves the couch almost as much as I do. And now the kids and I have a place to snuggle and read, or lay down after a particularly large meal. Win!






The dining room before...


And now with reading / napping option...or perhaps one could eat laying down. The possibilities are really quite endless.


The view (which doesn't look like much) but is actually my favourite window in the house.


And introducing the new edition...8ft of awesome. 


Which happily works just as well as it's predecessor, but with much more panache.


xo!


4 comments:

  1. the couch looks perfect. actually, I am a tiny bit jealous to see it in your place, but not in mine. seriously, a great pick and the part about divorces & discussions around spontaneous finds, so familiar. first it's:"naaa, dunno." once the new babies are set up, it's:"oh yes. great."

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely in L-O-V-E with your home! so very charming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. suits your home so much better than the last sofa which i can't even remember.

    ReplyDelete