Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Give a little bit...

Hi folks, today I am bringing you news of an event happening in Toronto tomorrow eve - Wednesday March 30th.  "Eternal Sunrise: A Benefit for Japan" is a benefit happening at Revival Bar (783 College St.) As most of you know a 9.0 magnitude earthquake happened on the coast of Japan March 11th. That combined with the resulting tsunami and damaged nuclear reactors has left the country in a desperate state. 
They need help. 
They need hope.
They need money.







100% of all the funds raised at Eternal Sunrise will be donated to Plan Canada. There will be performances by Jully Black, DJ sets by Brendan Canning (Broken Social Scene), DJ Shine (Nelly Furtado) and many many others. There will be a silent auction with more than 50 items up for grabs, including a piece done by yours truly for the event. 


Kokeshi Doll with Cherry Blossoms. She comes in three colour ways...13x19 print on Velvet Fine Art paper. 



If you can't make it out to Revival tomorrow eve I will be putting this item up on my Etsy store. I will donate all money generated by these prints (minus shipping costs) to Plan Canada. 

Helping others + getting cute art = win!

Love and Peace peeps xo






4 comments:

  1. Rachel, if I haven't already told you are an amazing lady!! And your art work is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you caroline - YOU are amazing for pulling such a great event together in such a short amount of time, i hope you rake it in! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely. I have dinner plans already, but I would love to try to make it! Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel I love your little lady for healing Japan. I can't wait to get one. Thanks for being you, Sharon

    ReplyDelete